Tube Integrated vs Tube Seperates

I’m looking into buying a tube setup.  Thinking it will be Primaluna because I find tube amps a bit intimidating and I will be putting lots of hours on it. Because these factors Primaluna seems like at least a good place to start for me. Thanks to all who gave me there impressions in my previous post about Primaluna.  Anyway, looking for people’s take on tube integrated vs tube seperates. Really what I’m looking for in the move is more holographic soundstage, bloom, air, and an over all more lifelike presentation. Will I get more of these qualities by going Dialogue preamp into Dialogue amp, or with the Dialogue HP integrated, or will it be very similar?  Any thoughts are much appreciated 

brylandgoodman

@sandthemall

My Primaluna Evo 400 power amp is so reliable and well made that it is a little bit boring. I sometimes wish I had gotten something I could manually bias every now and then. I’m being totally serious. I made my decision based entirely on the first time fear of tubes and favorable user feedback.

well you should go for a mid 90s to 2010 vintage audio research tube amp

you will experience the excitement of tube biasing with multi meters, probes and j clips in tight quarters 😂

.... and of course, wonderful wonderful sound too!

sandthemall

If an amp designer/tweaker messed around enough with the PL's auto bias setup, there likely is a work around to bump up the bias- like an auto tuner fiddling with a motor.

Otherwise, those of us who are content with PL gear  may know the rest of the puzzle-speaker/source and room are equally important.

Think I am going to pick up a Primaluna Dialogue preamp and power amp. The seller has a set of kt150s as well as el34s, and kt88s. I’m going to buy at least the el34s and kt150s. He is also local so he said I could bring my speakers and make sure the amp can drive them sufficiently. That I’m super grateful for. Pretty excited to hear my first full tube setup.  Hopefully it’s all that I’m hoping it will be. 

Hello,

How about the PL preamp with some Kinki Sudio mono blocks. The KS are $3500 for the pair. You get tube sound with great power and all separate. Short speaker runs are better. 
rogue has some great stuff like the RH-5 preamp and maybe a DragoN amp. Again, best of all worlds because the amp is a hybrid tech and you can run all this on XLR interconnects. Nice option for a decent phono stage built in if you need one.