Differences the Project RS2 Transport and the (newest) Jay's Audio CD2 Mk 3

@jaymark and @charles1dad are owners of the Project PS2 Transport and loving it.  I am between the Jay's Audio CD2 Mk3 and the Project.   However, did anyone compare the NEW 2019 Jay's Audio CD2 Mk3 rather than the prior model Mk2?  Steve Guttenberg reviewed them both and found significant improvement in the Mk3 version sonically.   How close are they now as the Jay's is $2500 and the Project with LTA power is closer to $4,000 (with taxes)?   

fleschler

@jasonbourne52 - you obviously don't know what you are talking about but your trolling skills are beyond reproach.  Congrats on crapping on another thread.

You're shopping wrong. You can still get the P-J delivered for about $2500 all in. I got their 4-way LPS for $200.

fuzztone

3,540 posts

You're shopping wrong. You can still get the P-J delivered for about $2500 all in. I got their 4-way LPS for $200.

--------------------

Do tell.......

David

I have not head the Jay's player, but I do have the Project and it is wonderful, especially after adding a linear power supply (I got one from Mojo).  I had the PS Directstream before the Project and thought it was really good - and I still think it is - but the Project was a step up in every way.  It isn't cheap, but I think it gets you into or close to the ranks of the reference players out there (Gryphon, T & A, etc.) for a whole lot less.  Project products really seem to punch above their weight.