Are there any audiophile Air BnB's?

Hi all, 

As question stated i'd like to set up a trip with a few friends to rent something really cool as we near retirement.  Would be neat if there was some type of Carmel CA beach house, overlooking the ocean with a $30K well vetted system in it.  I'd take CO overlooking the mountains or Sedona AZ also.   Anyone ever seen anything like this?  

Thanks, 

Eric

128x128mtbiker29

Great idea. I would never have thought of it. I would like to stay there, if you find one.

Given that most equipment can be destroyed my a slight misstep. My best friends  Audio Research preamp worked flawlessly for twenty years until his father visited… and bam, out went one channel… what did he do? Who knows, but no question he did something.

Not that I’m aware of.

I rent out vacation-type places (on the opposite side of the country from where you’re looking), and have thought about putting one (or more) of my older systems in a couple of them. You know, worth a couple of grand each, but then I think about it.....

A novice is going to blow something up, or play the music at mind-numbing volumes. Careless or not, expensive stuff is going to get broken.

People are going to complain, no matter what. Either the system won’t be good enough for someone’s audiophile tastes, or the neighbors are going to complain about someone blaring "Wear You Like A Sneaker" type rap at 3am. Can’t win situation as I see it. Never mind providing media (CD’s, etc...), and the need to catalog them every time someone stays/leaves to make sure you’re not being robbed.

How pissed would I be if someone stole the RCA cables off the back of the setup? or replaced them (thinking I wouldn’t notice). That would make me........very unhappy.

I’m not saying a place like you’re looking for doesn’t exist. But I can tell you, being (roughly) in those circles, I’m unaware of anything like that.

Good luck.

and

JMHO.

Anything can be arranged if you’ve got the Do-Ray-Me. I left a comment on one of Uncle Kevin’s posts (Upscale Audio) suggesting this very idea.