Use of a super tweeter worth the investement ?

If I want to extend the high frequency, would the add of a super tweeter, help in defenition and soundstage, without distortion and musicality of the main speakers ?

audiosens

I put a pair of super tweeters on may ATC 40 speakers and it made an uncanny difference. What really surprised me was the bass took a big step forward in definition and realism, don't ask why I don't know it just did. They were an entirely different pair of speakers from then onward.

I use super tweeters with my TAD speakers. Tad’s are quite extended with a beryllium tweeter so there is really no technical need for a super tweeter.

Just a few days ago I decided to cover the super tweeters with something to temporarily see how the system sounded without them.

It was quite a difference and definitely reinforced my decision years ago to add them. Mine are Enigmacoustics Sopranino permanently charged electrostatic.

Not sure if they’re made any longer. The thing is once I got them I felt the system was a little out of balance and decided to get subwoofers to extend the lowest octave. Extending the frequency response on both ends aids in the realism significantly.

I also think as we age and loose high frequencies it’s helpful to augment them.

I put Super tweeters on my LS-50s. They were over the top and needed a good crossover but it moved the LS-50s to the next level.

I bought a pair of supertweeters that were the EMIT type, and I wasn't satisfied with the sound and stopped using them. Two years later I bought the Townshend ribbon supertweeters and have been very happy with the result with no plans to get rid of them. I agree with emailists that they have an effect across the audible range, including the bass definition.

I’ve used my own contraptions with 40khz tweeters. Just have to get the acoustic centers correct.. That’s the real bonus.

Regards