Use of a super tweeter worth the investement ?

If I want to extend the high frequency, would the add of a super tweeter, help in defenition and soundstage, without distortion and musicality of the main speakers ?

audiosens

I put a pair of super tweeters on may ATC 40 speakers and it made an uncanny difference. What really surprised me was the bass took a big step forward in definition and realism, don't ask why I don't know it just did. They were an entirely different pair of speakers from then onward.

I use super tweeters with my TAD speakers. Tad’s are quite extended with a beryllium tweeter so there is really no technical need for a super tweeter.

Just a few days ago I decided to cover the super tweeters with something to temporarily see how the system sounded without them.

It was quite a difference and definitely reinforced my decision years ago to add them. Mine are Enigmacoustics Sopranino permanently charged electrostatic.

Not sure if they’re made any longer. The thing is once I got them I felt the system was a little out of balance and decided to get subwoofers to extend the lowest octave. Extending the frequency response on both ends aids in the realism significantly.

I also think as we age and loose high frequencies it’s helpful to augment them.

I put Super tweeters on my LS-50s. They were over the top and needed a good crossover but it moved the LS-50s to the next level.