How important Is shielding with RCA wires? (Ethan Winer, new video)

Mr. Winer is out with a new video. FYI.

128x128hilde45

Let me guess..... NOT important! I don't need to watch the video. 

With Dr. Winer nothing is important. Except for acoustic panels which he has a business interest in. 

That's all you need to know.

Most important with low level phono signals. Less so elsewhere. My go to RCA ICs are DNM Reson ...unshielded. For phono as well. They are affordable and MOST coherent. Had to do some alternate shielding to enable that without inducted noise. My HVAC is just outside the wall behind the hifi.   Step up phono transformer needed the extra shielding as well and is located inside mu-metal foil. See my system photos for the mu-metal shielding implementation. No audible inducted noise with that setup. Dead quiet! Would still prefer the HVAC were elsewhere. YMMV.

@thyname Another ad hominem. That provides some insight but not about the video or its creator. 

This video has gotten over 1k views in less than a day. As we saw in the Prima Luna vs. Raven video, the introduction of facts in the service of argument was crucial to people being convinced by the video. If there are facts or procedures asserted in this video that are questionable, spell that out. Otherwise, you're just attacking someone by name or association.