Chi-Fi in the Time of Self-Righteous Indignation.

I have to say the timing of the folks over at eacoustics in impeccable.

So Kevin Deal at Upscale release his Video on Raven Audio giving us something to chew on in this forum and W. Jennings gives us this.

128x128jerryg123

Darn, I thought it was just two. Yes, they are great law schools but the point was that there’s a curation process going on with members of the Supreme Court, particularly with the right. The Federalist Society accounts for about 90% of all judges appointed by just Rump. 5 of the 6 conservatives on the SC are Federalist Society judges, and the Federalist Society only comprise about 70K lawyers and judges in this country of over 1.33 Million lawyers and 1,440 judges. That’s a tiny amount that gets an overtly oversized share of the appointments.

This "union" is what one journalist called the A**hole Factory. Tons of dark money are behind the choosing and curation of these jurists as they make they way towards the bench. Here’s a great piece by Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse on the matter.

If the common workers had any such powers and abilities to have such a "union" at their disposal, imagine the gains they could achieve.

All the best,
Nonoise

....remember a screed awhile back that 'Made in the US' only had to refer to the cardboard box; the source of the item within carried the 'Made in X" in the manual and on the actual item itself with the mfr. label.....

@sns just tree-topped the quandary about being nationalistic about an items' sources, in part or total.  Park that Honda, Rhonda, Anchor that Audi, Arnie.  Even your GM/GMC/FoMoCo/Chrysler/etc. has parts from Elsewhere, Earth in there, somewhere.....if not all of it...

Best label left the planet on the roadster:

Made on Planet Earth by Humans

Let me know when that comes under suspicion...

Former Union 'Bot

@femoore12 Agreed and the fact is companies/people build products not countries.

China is a communist country where "the people" (government) seized control of the mode of production. In today's China only about 30% of industry is owned by the government.  This includes the Melody/Spark plant where gear like Cayin is made. As it is owned by the Chinese government, I feel that in this case we can say the country/government of China is the manufacturer, not "people" or "companies".  It is no secret that slave/child/forced labor is rife in China today along with a vast system of oppression for millions of people.  Buying from Chinese government owned companies directly supports this oppression.

Just recently the US Congress passed the Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act by with only a few votes (!) in opposition.  It is clear that both Republicans and Democrats are united in acting against the increasing use of slave labor in China.  It is likely that as more information is available, more sanctions will be enacted, possibly including against Chinese government owned electronic firms such as those within the CATIC group that manufactures items for Prima Luna along with many other companies that have not been so forthright about their sources.

Will be interesting to watch how this will play out.  So far as I know, this is never discussed in the audio press.

rich american audiophile 1: "chi fi"  is offensive. stop saying it. fascist

rich american audiophile 2: but it's not offensive. and it's my right to. libtard

audio manufacturer in mainland china: while you guys were fighting your culture war i just sold half a million class d desktop amplifiers to your neighbors for $100 apiece. i'm glad you're having fun though 

audio manufacturer in mainland china: while you guys were fighting your culture war i just sold half a million class d desktop amplifiers to your neighbors for $100 apiece. i'm glad you're having fun though

+1 😂