Need help choosing a new CD Player

I consider myself new to this hobby although I have dabbled a bit over the past 30 years or so.  Recently purchased a McIntosh MA252 integrated and have a set of B&W Matrix speakers (1985 - 1989 vintage) that sound pretty good .  Looking for a CD player (prefer under $1000) to replace my current Samsung DVD player.   I primarily listen to classic rock and some classical.

For this price range am looking at the following:

Marantz CD6007

Rotel CD11 Tribute or CD 14

Pro-Ject CDBox S2 Chrome

My listening room is a little odd shaped (11x 16, bay window at one end and glass wall at the other end) and I have to listen across the shorter distance due to the room configuration.

Eventually will upgrade the speakers, but for now need a CD player

Would appreciate some advice on a decent quality CD player (at this time, not interested in a CDT and DAC setup).   Thanks in advance.

128x128deadhead58

deadhead58

Consider a McIntosh cd player to match the MA 252 Integrated amp.

Happy Listening!

Like You, I do not want a separate DAC, and I do not and never will stream.

My Quest, found two excellent sounding players.

I consider only dual processors, then the results are effected by OEM solutions: over-sampling; over-clock; anti-jitter, proprietary things like Onkyo’s Vector Linear Shaping, ...

I went thru a few Sony’s, 3 Oppo’s, KLH, Denon, finally found two.

DVD/SACD/CD: Yamaha C961 (5 disc changer), 4 burr brown audio DACs

CD Only: Onkyo Integra CDC-3.4 II, 2 wolfson DACs (newer used and currently available new).

Before, or IF you spend thousands, I suggest you try an Onkyo, happy done. Or, order a high priced one and a returnable Onkyo simultaneously, compare, return one.

My Onkyo is for sale here, I describe it’s preferred sound

My Quest for a CD Player

You should add an AudioRefinement Complete CD player to you list. These are the YBA previous generation second line, but the sound is outstanding.

Come on, people, the OP stated he doesn't want a dac-transport, or a streamer, but a good old fashioned CD player.  Sony, Marantz, Yamaha, NAD, Rega all make players in the $1k range.  Suggest you find a dealer who sells and see if you can do a home audition