Magico A5, Wilson SabrinaX, or PS Audio FR30?

Powered by a McIntosh MA12000 in a 14’ (width) x 30’ (depth) x 10.5’ (height) room with concrete floors. Listening is 50% jazz, 10% classical, 25% rock/alt, 15% electronic. Sources are a Dr. Feickert Blackbird/Soundsmith Hyperion analog and Innuos Statement digital.  Ideally, I'd like to eliminate the need for dual subwoofers.

Ag insider logo xs@2xjjgasp

The A5’s would be my first choice also, but I  never heard, seen or read a Review of nor do I know anyone who has heard the new PSA speakers. I’m sure they are good, but I don’t want to be the first kid on the block to have them.

All the best.

JD

I assume that you've tried planar and don't like them. But if not, the big Magnepans would be worth a listen.

Is your system located in an unfinished basement or garage?  I would imagine concrete floor would reflect sound and create echos.

Everyone, I appreciate all the feedback.  I was able to hear the Magicos locally and pulled the trigger.  Different room and components but WOW.  3-6 month backorder.  

@ larry5729 - I live in a loft apartment (old furniture warehouse).  Rugs, drapes and upholstered furniture do a decent job of cutting down on the room effects, but I'm going to look into some additional treatments.

Do you use subs now? If so there is no going back. If not ignorance is bliss. 

I can only speak to the Wilson’s. In order to get low bass out of them they need some room gain and need to be pretty close to the front wall. There is some magic between 24”-36” any more and the deep bass disappears. Closer to 24” seemed good (oddly close I know) but it is how I heard it. My guess is the bass driver drops off pretty quick and the low bass relies on the port. They are a small speaker and can run out of steam in a large room but within their limits have a good tone and are enjoyable.