How do you get Happy as an Audiophile?

There’s an interesting, relatively modern take on mental health called Positive Psychology. While not without it’s faults and detractors, PP has a very interesting approach. Instead of asking questions on the axis of illness and diagnosis PP asks questions on the scale of happiness:

What is it that makes you more or less content with your life and in your pursuits? How can these actions, events or states be codified and applied as general principles?

In the spirit of PP then I ask:

How do you get happy? What advice would you give an audiophile that asks "What is satisfying about being an audiophile, and what are the approaches that get me there? Do you personally know the answers for yourself? "

erik_squires

Iam good nature happy person. I appreciate every  little things in life, especially audio, This hobby makes me happy on music I played in my system, even the performance of my system, it made me more happier when I learn to love classical music, learning more about this hobby I get excited and happy.Iam greafully happy to be bless with what I have audio wise.

It’s when you care about the equipment and also when you don’t.

Unless you can stop caring about the equipment once you start listening to the music you’ll never be happy.

mrd,

we don’t have dispensary’s here, so I have to settle on listening to good music with my dogs on either side of me. 😀

All the best.

JD

So far, I think this hobby is for the obsessive compulsive.  Right now I like the sound of my Harman Kardon in my car the best.  The sound surrounds me.  I may not get a sound stage but it sounds better than my home system.  I am beginning to think either I ad the rear surround speakers or add about $100,000 to get an equivalent sound.  What do you add first?  Amplifier, or speakers.  I just spent $1,050 on a power cord and digital cablee for my BlueSound Nodee 2i and I think I liked the sound better using RCA analogue.  Maybe there is something about MQA that sounds better.  I know MQA sounds better in my car, but I am losing 90% of thee MQA unfold in my car.  If money wasn't an object, I wonder how many have to do with the wife factor.  I have my system in my living room and if I were to add some large ugly speakers to my system, my wife would ask me to live and to take my system with me.  Some of you have some huge systems located in a specific room, but I cannot imagine having to sit in that room all by myself listening to music.