Introspective of this forum: "Does the Audiophile Community Have a Promlem?" I Say yes!!!

This article is so insightful to this forum and the toxicity in the community. (My Opinion)

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone?

I know I have contributed to the toxicity here and will try to be a better citizen. Hopefully some will read this and see they are part of the problem (LOL)

Some will not and continue to play their roll as the Toxic Avenger.

https://www.ecoustics.com/articles/audiophile-community-problem/

There is a particular board on a specific forum that was hidden from the outside world because of how horrible it was. Where personal politics and racism was the norm 24-7 and one member even committed suicide after months of abuse. We watched him fight with other members on a daily basis and get a lot of heat back. He was fine most of the time when dealing with him on a individual basis but then he descended into some really horrible commentaries about race and certain countries and he went down the rabbit hole into some dark places.

Websites like ASR hold zero interest for me because a lot of the users are just there to be “right” and make others feel very small because their views don’t align with certain points of view.

128x128jerryg123

@millercarbon I am sure the FB comment was not about the Tekton group but some of the other audio freak shows on FB.

I've found that if you look for and expect bad from others, you will find it. We all have it. But conversely, if you look for and expect good from others, you will likely find that too. Sure, there are exceptions.. But generally this is true.

When I came here I had a decent but 20 years old system. I don't remember anyone looking down on me or my system.. ii remember asking about tone controls without any snarky comments made. But that was then. Not sure about today because the spirit of the age is one that seems to promote division rather than unity.. Still, we are responsible for our actions. I believe it comes down to each person doing the right thing no matter what external influences may heap upon us.

Looks like some just don't get it. I thought the me, me, me culture had died off or mutated into something innocuous but no luck there. This constant need to be a celebrity needs to die off lest it be our ruin. 

Nothing good will come of it. It's been building for a long time and hopefully it will die an untimely (and fortunate for us) death, and none too soon.

All the best,
Nonoise

What is a gentleman/woman? A person that makes their company or others feel at ease and as secure as they can. The deck of the Titanic the Band members kept playing. They were Gentle people but noble, sometimes your actions are all that is left to show others the true measure of compassion and to share. Tragedy will always show nobility and unfortunately every character flaw known to man..

Practice makes perfect? NO! BUT it sure helps.. You are what you eat, and you are what you repeat.

A lot of people know they do wrong, they choose to do wrong. So what is the unforgivable SIN? Assuming you will be forgiven.

You live aware, not in the shadows. Wrong is wrong and right is right. THERE is no gray, but there is plenty that is NONE of your business.. LOL

What would you want to be done to the guy/gal on the other side of the mirror?

Merry Christmas Everyone..

Regards

I’ve found that if you look for and expect bad from others, you will find it. We all have it. But conversely, if you look for and expect good from others, you will likely find that too. Sure, there are exceptions.. But generally this is true.

When I came here I had a decent but 20 years old system. I don’t remember anyone looking down on me or my system.. ii remember asking about tone controls without any snarky comments made. But that was then. Not sure about today because the spirit of the age is one that seems to promote division rather than unity.. Still, we are responsible for our actions. I believe it comes down to each person doing the right thing no matter what external influences may heap upon us.

well said @artemus_5

words of wisdom indeed

and merry x'mas @oldhvymec