speaker choice for new 20x30 audio room

Finally getting an opportunity to set up a dedicated audio room. Its a separate out building from the house. 2x6 construction, fully insulated 20' wide 30' with 10' ceilings. Full HVAC and adding padded and carpet floor over 6" existing concrete floor. After heavy texture and new paint, I plan to add acoustic treatments, just he basics for starters, bass traps, wall panels, ceiling clouds and going with a rule of thirds layout for speaker placement. 

For now I will be running everything from an Emotiva Pre-Amp, Peachtree 500 Amp, Bluesound Node for streamer and a Pontus II DAC.

Budget for the new speakers will be $5000 to $10,000. this will be a dedicated listening room, We listen to everything from Dianna Krall to Metallica Classic Rock, Blues, Country.. you name it. Just looking for recommendations of speakers I should be considering for this specific room dimension.     

carzmaguy88

There are a myriad of options, but some options are Focal Kanta 2, Revel F228Be, Dynaudio Contour 60.

Well mtrot got this thread started and finished in one post… take any of the speakers he listed and add subs and your done. 

Actually, I just saw an ad for a used set of Kanta 3 for just over $10k.  As that room is huge, a bigger speaker might be better, particularly if you will not be using subwoofers.

You need a pair of speakers that can fill a rom that size

That means legacy focus

This is a stand out in terms of being able to play loud

Enough with very deep bass

You should also budget for a better amp

DAVE AND troy

AUDIO INTELLECT nj

Legacy peachtree hegel coda dealers

The nova is decent but you will get even better sound

Moving into a higher end integrated

Like a hegel or coda