Dr.John

I have have the locked down vinyl since its release about a year ago. I absolutely love this record in every way ,production,feel,tone you name it. It was my favorite of 2012 by far.

After realizing it was Dan Auerbach from black keys who produced I was curious about his band the black keys. I love blues all kinds but I cannot seem to get behind the keys at all.

My love for Locked Down remains strong however. Go out and buy it now!!!
fromunda
Listen to Gris Gris an early Dr.John LP. Then spin Locked Down right after....you will then get the essence of what I believe Auerbach and co. were going for.

I personally feel Gris Gris is the his finest album . Locked Down is the Doctor looking back with a sly wink but launching into the future...even at 75 years old!
Don't know about the newbie, but for classic Dr. John check out "Gumbo." That is the stuff. "The Right Place" is also excellent, but Gumbo just kills, every track.
I saw Dr. John a couple of weeks ago at Tulane Graduation. He Played several songs with Allen Toussaint. The cool thing is his Voice still sounds amazing. Girlfriend and I were shocked at his age his voice was sounded like it did years ago.
I agree.
I can't get with Black keys either.
But the Dr. John Production is great.
But how much production does the Doctor need?
The Dr is playing a free show next week at the jazz festival in Rochester. Can't wait to see him again after many years and hear him perform some new music.