Bought the wrong subwoofer!

I was planning to buy a Rel subwoofer but stumbled across a good deal for a SVS sb-2000 pro so I decided to give it a try. Turns out that the the pre-outs on my integrated amp aren’t pre-outs at all but are rec outs (should have put on my glasses). The Svs doesn’t have high level inputs and my amp doesn’t have pre-outs so I’m screwed right? Guess it wasn’t such a great deal after all.

emiliop

anyone banging on in absolute terms should be dismissed summarily

Precisely. That's why I summarily ignored your post.

"Going to pick up a Rel Britannia b3."

That's a 15 year old design when the company was R E L, not "REL."

Completely different  company, with different direction.  . Part of the last lineup  when it was still  made in England.

I use 2 B3's. They do the job, but are a different animal compared to the current "REL." 

Hopefully, you are aware if it has a problem, you're SOL, as REL does not handle issues with R E L products.

for 2 channel music, don't but an SVS. The Rel is a great sub for 2-channel music, but for 1/3 the price, get a Rythmik F12G with the GR Research driver. It is very close in sound quality to the Rel S line and also has speaker level inputs.

As some have mentioned and I can attest to, SVS is not a very musical subwoofer, but it has lots of "boom boom". I sold my SVS SB1000, sounded terrible with my Monitor Audio speakers. They actually sound better, stand alone without a subwoofer for now. I do have two SVS PB1000’s in my HT setup, and truthfully, great "boom boom" from movies. Enjoy your new Rel B3 and let us know how it works out for you, cheers.