Dedicated 20 Amp Line for Audio

Lots of threads on the subject already, but I’m a little confused on one thing. Is the dedicated line just for the amplifier (in my case an integrated) and another line for the other components? Or, is it just one line for everything in the complete audio system?

Thanks!

high-amp

I ran 2 dedicated 20 amp lines with 10 ga wire from my breaker box.  Using some audiophile plugs.  The run is about 65 feet so opted for the larger guage wire.  If you can run dedicated lines, you won't be disappointed.  

You can use 8awg, but you are only going to get stranded wire...

That's not true, you can buy 8 gauge Romex that is solid.

Why a "dedicated circuit" when everything gets lumped together upstream of the comnpponent?  Separate line for digital?  Horse schlockey.  If the line goes through a fuse box with "analog" circuits, then the purpose is defeated.  If the dedicated line comes into the house seperately, then it will still be pary of a general cirsuit somewhere upstream without any filtration.   And there's typically enough RF in the air that using a separate circuit will still end up being a long radio antenna.

If an audio user really desires isolation, it might be better to get a hospital grade isolation transformer of sufficient capacity to handle .the equipment load  Or two.  Or three.  Whatever tickles your fancy.  Be careful to check the grounding across equipment in different transformers.

Why a "dedicated circuit" when everything gets lumped together upstream of the comnpponent?

Dedicated lines can avoid the noise and voltage drop that may result from daisy chained convenience circuits. It’s a difference you can measure, so it’s silly to debate it.

If an audio user really desires isolation, it might be better to get a hospital grade isolation transformer of sufficient capacity to handle.

Many users do both. It's not an either/or choice.

A search on The Cable Company site shows audiophile grade in-wall cable from JPS Labs and Audience. There is also a highly regarded British cable manufacturer who offers an audiophile grade in-wall cable, but the name escapes me at the moment. They are not inexpensive, but in the context of an upper echelon system they are not outrageous.