Joseph vs Legacy in 7K range?

Any thoughts? What's the difference? Who prefers which?

I am inexpert and ill-informed, just so you know.

128x128m669326

Two different design philosophies and sound. Only you can know which you prefer through a proper audition. Picking speakers based on the opinions on this site is a recipe for disaster since speaker choice is your most important decision; it will define the sound of your system regardless of what you do with source and amplification. Finding the right amplification match for the speakers you choose is the second most important decision and, again, only one you can make with your speakers in your room with your ears.

I've heard both brands set up properly in good rooms and liked both for what they did well but, in the end, found other brands that I prefer in my rooms to my ears.

I think audiotroy meant that you cannot equate the two. 

Consider the influence of driver size, which is pervasive. 

It doesn't matter the company or pedigree. There is no replacing the effect of larger driver surface area. Acreage is critical to having a speaker sound more relaxed and prodigious, especially as listening level increases. I have no interest in debating this point. 

Soft dome and ribbon tweeters will tend to sound more similar than dissimilar as opposed to a ring radiator or larger ribbon tweeter. 

The Legacy is going to sound much larger, much more prodigious and dynamically impactful. The Joseph is going to wow for its size because the bass is MIA, so the soundstage will seem inflated, much larger. That is misperception due to the incongruence of the speaker size relative to soundstage, so do not be fooled by it. Again, whether dealer or hobbyist, I have no desire to debate my description of these speakers. As they say, YMMV 

If you don't want appreciable low end, then disregard the difference in bass (or mid-bass in the case of the Joseph monitor) sizes. Perception of the rest is going to be subjective. If you want a nice, pretty, restricted speaker system, the Joseph will be good. If you want a more immersive experience with much more grand character, you do the Legacy.  Some want a luxury car, and some want a well appointed SUV.  :)

Thanks, everyone. There is a clear consensus delineating the two speakers and now I know what I wished to know.

Read reviews and pick the one that provides the sound qualities you’re most looking for.  The Legacy is obviously the choice if you want a more full-range speaker and don’t want to add subwoofers, but the Pulsar is no slouch in the bass department and many are very happy with them just as they are.  Both are excellent, so it comes down to your personal tastes and requirements and nobody here can tell you that.