Have you ever been turned off by an Arrogant Dealer? Thoughts

I have and it's extremely disappointing 

calvinj

I totally understand that time is money.  Hell I'm a lawyer. But when folks think you just listening and won't buy if you like is agitating AF. I try to only demo stuff I intend on actually buying or consider buying. If I ask about a specific item that means I have heard researched it and I might be ready to go in it.  A dealer would have to at some point realize that people that run businesses or can afford this stuff probably researched it pretty damn good. In the past that wasn't the case but now it is.  They have to adjust 

I wear a 25.00 doller Timex and bib cover alls.. They can ALL kiss my fat wallet pocket in my wifes purse with a pistol in it to boot..  I've told the 60K story.. It's like 120K now..

Put me on "THIS LIST". My list is hangin' I was at a place in Sacramento it took the guy a few minutes to look up and tell me where the repair facility was. You'd a thought I was asking for a kidney.. Bars on the windows, shotgun in the corner, I felt right at home.. Glad I wore my vest..

Regards

I have the opposite problem in that everywhere I go people fawn all over me.

It’s become so bad that my standard reply to "How may I help you" is now "You can go away and leave me alone".

DeKay

+ oldhvy - Such a wide variety of experiences. When I was a kid in highschool, I use to go every week to the 2 good audio shops in Hawaii, no problems they were away willing to demo equipment for me. Much different here on the "mainland".