Speakers for a Large Room (20’x37’)

Open concept listening space with speakers on one short wall and kitchen at the other end.  Furniture about fifteen feet from speakers.  I assume I'll need large speakers and am considering Klipsch Cornwalls as well as Tannoy Ardens, but open to suggestions.  I also assume standmounts are too small for the space.  I should mention I mostly listen at low to moderate sound levels, occasionally cranking it if the wife is out.   Thanks for any input.

doni

If you can wait until next summer, and it's in the budget, the new Klipsch Jubilee. I have heard the Jubilee and the new Cornwalls. At low levels, the Jubilees still project so much power, it's unreal. They are effortless.

I would look at the Vivid Kaya line.  I have recently heard them in a large listening space and was very pleasantly surpirsed despite the relatively diminutive size of the Kaya 45.  There are similarities between the Kef Blades and the Vivids in terms of cabinet as they are both fiberglass though I like Vivids core better.  They both have side firing woofers in opposition, etc...

The actual baffle size is less critical.  It comes down to the amount of energy that exits the cabinet and the Vivids and Kef do a wonderful job of daming internal sounds so that most of the energy exits the cabinet.  

Horns of course do the same.  IMO, you get a more lifelike and refined sound with the Vivids or the Kefs but they are quite a bit more expensive.  

Thanks so much for all the great info.  This gives me a lot to think about.  I am fascinated by the Vivid's looks and described performance, and will be keeping my eyes and ears open for a chance to hear them.  The Klipsch Jubilee's are also of interest, as are the Cornwalls.  Any other thoughts, don't hesitate to post.  Thanks again.

+1 for the Spatial X Series.

My room is 25'X25' with a cathredral ceiling topping out at about 14'.  The X-5's are stunning!  Detail retreval is like nothing I have ever heard.

the kef blades are magnificent but wil lail to presurize such a large room

if they are turned up too loud the midrange driver will fail..

legacy mkes speakers which can fill up such a space

the focus have deep bassand are 96 db  efficient they also handle tons of power

dave and troy

Audio intellect   nj

kef and legacy dealers