RCA interconnect recommendation

Would like recommendations for interconnects for both analog and digital side to an integrated Rogue Cronus amp from a Nottingham/EAR 834P on one side and an Antelope Zodiac DAC on the other side. What should I be looking at and what kind of budget should I set. I'm thinking up to $500  for a pair but have no idea. Thanks for all advice.

smaarch1

With Rogue gear(ST100 and RP1 or RP5) I had excellent results using Acoustic Zen Matrix Reference 2 and Absolute Copper.

With the integrated I’d probably go with AZ Silver Reference MkII between the phono and Chronus and Matrix MkII for the digital front end.

Audience is also a good match. Older AU24 interconnects should be within your budget. 
I would steer away ffom Cardas unless you’re looking to round the highs.

"The rule of thumb is 10 - 15% of total budget."

Nothing more than markeing nonsense. Sheesh...

I find it a bit odd that someone who owns Weiss and EAR has no idea about interconnects, because they're pretty sophisticated components.  But if you never fooled around with cables, I suggest you buy a couple of pairs of ICs from Blue Jeans for about $30/pair and listen for a few months.  They are good, pro-quality cables and will give you a baseline.  Later on, you can try some higher-priced cables and see if you think they're better. Without a baseline, you have no way to know.  As to the "10% rule", I think that may be good advice when you're purchasing a new system and you're on a tight buget, but I have used expensive cables on cheaper components and found they made a huge improvement.  If you're of a mind to move ahead right now, I would look for a pair of used Audience AU24s, which are great cables for the price.  The older models are excellent and the company has great customer service when you need it. 

Tube amps are all about the sweet midrange. I like Kimber solid copper. I would try a PBJ. Not too expensive but a nice sounding cable. 

Your best approach with wire is to understand wire is every bit as important as every other component. Then from there you consider your system goals. Are you building a system over time? Let’s say you find a speaker you really fall in love with, but it costs as much as all the rest of your system combined. But you can afford it. Would you buy it? If it will serve as a foundation upon which to build for years to come, why not?

Cables are no different. I once built a $1200 budget system for my father in law. Set it up in my room to burn in and during that time I thought, wonder what if I put my $1200 interconnect in there? Well, it transformed that budget system, let me tell you! So never, ever fall for the story that one thing is "too good" for another. It if is good, it is good- period!

In my system my speaker cables cost about as much as my speaker, and my amp. They are all right around $5k each.

The point of having a budget is not to tell you what to spend. The whole point is to make you aware of the fact this is a system and a system demands a system approach. Otherwise without the budget everyone runs out and buys the biggest speakers they can, blows almost all the rest on the amp, and then spends the next five years running around trying different speakers and amps trying to solve all the problems that never would have been there in the first place had they put as much attention into wire.

That’s it. No sales pitch. Figure it out from there.