Live music you have attended that left impact....perhaps better than you expected.

I have seen great symphonies, Chicago, Moscow, Boston and others including some smaller cities performers that were quite good, Madison, Wi, Milwaukee and some other Midwest cities.  Actually did a bike trail with the first chair Cello player from the Chicago Symphony and his girlfriend from the singers and they stayed at my home and I made a very good meal for them....with a excellent Bordeaux...and this made for a great memory. 

As far as Jazz and Pop, the list is long and I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to see these.
James Taylor
Jackson Browne (several times) the best was "Running on Empty" tour. 
Little River Band 
Heart
Chicago
B.S.and T. 
Nancy Wilson
Woody Allen, Jazz bar in NYC
Harold Land (just great)
Julia Fordham (a few times)
Gene Pitney (I was amazed at how good he was and how much he sounded just like his recordings)
Hall & Oats
Peter whatever his name was, Switched On Bach
Joni Mitchell 
Diana Krall, a few times, and once with Elvis.
Wynton Marsalis
and more than are coming to mind...

I wish I could have seen, Chet Baker, Paul Desmond, Ella, Dinah Washington, Blue Mitchell, Art Farmer, Clifford Brown, early Rosie Clooney, and many more that were so great in the 40s through the early 70s.

And I am a bit sorry to say, I have seen more than I have listed and cannot instantly recall them....but all part of being an old fart, my sons call it O.F.S., Old Fart Syndrome.

It would be good to hear from members about your live music experiences. 

jusam

@asvjerry -- I had a proper ticket to that Joni Mitchell/CSN+Y concert at the Greek. Famously, that's where Joni met Graham. I had disliked CSN prior to the concert and I went to it specifically for Joni. I was impressed enough by CSN's acoustic set to become a fan. Then Neil Young showed up. Then they plugged in... Yeah, my fandom took a decided hit, but that didn't keep me from buying their record from a guy selling 'em on the path that led to the parking lot.

Van Halen. 1979. ROB ZOMBIE. in a 1000 seater .. ROGER WATERS.  RUSH 2112 TOUR OPENED FOR STYX. AND OF COURSE MY 1ST DEAD SHOW

- Leonard Cohen at The Universal Amphitheater in the early-2000’s. Very dramatic, sophisticated, and musical.

- In the early-80’s I went to see The Plimsouls at a little "club" on Ventura Blvd. in Studio City named The Garage (it was an actual garage, a converted former car repair shop). The opening act was anounced, a name unfamiliar to me. When Los Lobos started playing and singing I was gobsmacked. Fantastic!

- The Lyres at Club Lingerie on Sunset Blvd. I liked this Garage Band’s albums, but seeing them live in the mid-80’s was a whole ’nother experience. Monoman on Vox Continental organ (right hand) and tambourine (left) and his tough 3-piece band was a mindblower. Intense, man!

- The Beach Boys at The Fillmore Auditorium (or was it Winterland?) in ’73 (I believe it was, though it may have been a year earlier). I had already seen them in the Summer of ’64 (my first concert), when they were just a semi-pro Surf Band. By ’73 they had evolved into something else entirely. Dylan himself was surprised and impressed seeing them at that time. His response was "Hey, they’re really good." They were, even without Brian.

@edcyn ...."Far out, man..."*L*  The 'improper tix' holds a certain element of risks, but the house looked full up...and we were just broke enough for gas...*G*

...but a Good Time seemed to be had by all.

....it was an Era all it's own, fur chure....;)

Cream.  In Sutton Town Hall (south London).  An 'intimate' small venue.

Who could believe three guys could make so much music?  Indeed, so much noise with the small 100 wat amps of the time.

Seemed like there were about five of them.