Who Tried Power Conditioners Over The Years and No Longer Use Them Today, Any Why?

Been thinking back to when I started in Audio and how good the system sounded with no power conditioners or fancy power cords. Then in the '90s slowly they both became a huge profit market for stores and manufacturers of them. If you used one on front end gear only or whole systems I will be interested in your real-world experience you could share with us all. I have a few so I am not against them, but I do at times have questions. 
128x128phillyb
Will buy where I will have return privileges.
@jerryg123 , that's what I did with the AQ5000 and it stayed.
One thing that has changed since the 90's is the explosion of devices that make up the average home. I'm sure there are papers out there that document how much the noise environment has changed.
@wrm57 Yes not sure I would need the AQ5000 only have 5 components and AH X200 is not that huge of a power hogg.
I got a Furman Elite many years ago, and I always miss it when it's out of the system. 
Trip lite 2400s I have a few. Slight mechanical noise problems.. All fixed.
I installed 20 amp detachable PCs and removed all the wire nuts and added crush connectors with serious pressure (cold weld) copper butt connectors. Copper Hubble outlets with contact enhancer..

Took off one super high frequency ferrite ring...  I added a copper grounding lug with 12 1/4" holes drilled. You just tighten the bonding screw to bond to the chassis or use is as a common bond for noise reduction.. Works pretty good 1/4 x 1/4" male mic cable works perfect.