Auditioning The Fyne 703 Soon

I have had my von Schweikert DB 99se loudspeakers almost 17 years and they still sound good to my ears but I am intrigued by this new company. I will let the Forum know my impressions. These new loudspeakers should match up well with my PrimaLuna integrated amplifier
128x128tuberist
Canterbury GR is the current model, since 2013. SE is the old model, which Jim owned, and which I owned before I bought GR. It does appear now that the move of all Tannoy production over to China (including Legacy and Prestige lines) has been confirmed, sadly. There may still be UK stock on hand filling orders for the time being - hard to say for sure. I bet they’ve dropped the UK stickers for Chinese production.

I’ve been watching Fyne with very much interest, but it’s gonna be tough to make me move from my Tannoys. The fact is that dual 10"/12" drivers or a single 12" is going to sound different than the single massive 15" alnico Tannoy. There will be plusses and minuses to that. There is a scale, intimacy, and life-like image size of the 15" driver that was not replicated in the 10" and 12" Tannoys. On the other hand, asking a 15" woofer to reproduce up to 1.1kHz (and beyond) has its problems too. 
I wouldn't move to Fyne if I had your speakers, what appears to be a very nice system.

What I'm proposing is that anyone in the market for the upper Tannoy models should go out of their way to also audition either the Fyne F700 or F1 series speakers. Jim Smith did and the rest is history. I've attended one of his RoomPlay Reference sessions and confirm that Jim has special skills and a special room. I would recommend this service to anyone. While in GA, take time to see The Big House (Allman Bros museum in Macon) and spend a few days in Savanah, our new, favorite US city.
Recently, I heard the models in the F1 line at the Capital Audiofest and I was extremely impressed with the sound.  All three models had the fast, lively and engaging sound you expect from Tannoy-based designs, but, to me, they sound substantially better than Tannoys because they did not have the slightly hard and sibilant edge in the upper midrange that I hear with the high end Tannoys.  

Another big fan of Fyne speakers here. I flew down to Florida to audition the F704s back in the spring and bought them on the spot. Nearly seven months later, absolutely no regrets. In my system, they are musical, brilliantly balanced speakers. Furniture grade build as well.