Adding a Herron VTSP 3A/360 Preamplifier to the system.

The new (new to me) Herron Audio VTSP 3A/360 Preamp will arrive Friday the fifth. Very much looking forward to it's arrival.

Beautifully built, and should sound that way as well.

Regards,
Dan
Ag insider logo xs@2xislandmandan
sebrof, I will give my impressions as to how I feel regarding the VTSP 3A/360 after it arrives, and has been in service for a little while.

And yes, it is that same unit that I pulled the trigger on, even though I didn't know I was looking for a preamp. I did though, feel like it was a pretty rare animal, and felt like it would brace up an area that could use some improvement

Thanks and regards,
Dan
I'd looked at both the 360 and the Herron monoblocks in the recent past, but went in different (and much more expensive) directions. My ears have recently been opened up to Tannoys on Solid State amps (Phison - who I'd never heard of before this year), so I could get curious to try another SS amp like Herron someday :) 
I've had the 360 and the VTPH2a phono preamp for about 6 months now, and they are wonderful. Give it a few weeks to break in after you get it and the sound will continue to improve. I used to run an MSB DAC into my MSB S-200 amp and that sounded great, but when I sent the DAC output to the pre-amp first, yow! Much better! Interesting design, Keith has - make tube gear that doesn't look or even particularly sound like tube gear. 
I bought a pair of Herron M1 monoblocks a while back and was impressed enough and had heard so many good things about the VTPH-2A phono stage (now discontinued) that I bought one.  The VTPH-2A was a significant step up from my Manley and Pass Labs phono stages and I decided to go all-in with the VTSP-360 ESP/REF.  Prior to the VTSP-360 I had a Modwright LS100, which I thought was going to be a forever piece, but the VTSP-360 bettered it.

Keith is a fine gentleman and passionate about audio.  He's told me more than once that he makes these things for himself and when they are "good enough" then he makes them available to the public.

My M1s are on their way back to him now for an "update" which he has offered to perform for a very reasonable price.