Adding a Herron VTSP 3A/360 Preamplifier to the system.

The new (new to me) Herron Audio VTSP 3A/360 Preamp will arrive Friday the fifth. Very much looking forward to it's arrival.

Beautifully built, and should sound that way as well.

Regards,
Dan
Ag insider logo xs@2xislandmandan

Showing 3 responses by big_greg

I bought a pair of Herron M1 monoblocks a while back and was impressed enough and had heard so many good things about the VTPH-2A phono stage (now discontinued) that I bought one.  The VTPH-2A was a significant step up from my Manley and Pass Labs phono stages and I decided to go all-in with the VTSP-360 ESP/REF.  Prior to the VTSP-360 I had a Modwright LS100, which I thought was going to be a forever piece, but the VTSP-360 bettered it.

Keith is a fine gentleman and passionate about audio.  He's told me more than once that he makes these things for himself and when they are "good enough" then he makes them available to the public.

My M1s are on their way back to him now for an "update" which he has offered to perform for a very reasonable price.

Dan, nice to hear that you are enjoying the VTSP-360.  I love mine!  You are right about the remote.  I put it back in the box right away.  It's so small that I was afraid I'd lose it in my sofa or accidentally break it.  I told Keith I was planning to use my universal remote (Harmony 550) and he said it might not work because of the way the codes are set up.  I got it to work, but not perfectly.  Every other press of a button does something.  A minor frustration though and doesn't take away from my listening enjoyment. 

Glad you got that figured out.  I didn't realize your remote wasn't functioning properly.  Mine worked fine, I just didn't like the small form factor.