Best Integrated that you've heard under $5k

It's a crowded market in the under $5k arena...

Let's hear which integrated amp surprised you and maybe even had you shaking your head in disbelief. 

Watch the first response be, 'no $5k integrated is that good' blah blah blah. You know how it is, lot of old fogeys on here that are done censoring themselves and take it out on the thread.

Also, if I've missed the cutoff and there's just this $6k or $7k amp that is worth consideration, feel free to mention.
cd45123
You don’t need to spend anywhere near that kind of money. 

My system is 100k plus. I have had many amps over the years, high end and others, and spent a lot of money on this wonderful hobby. 

Ultimately, it will come down to three main variables:

1. the speakers you are using (including the space they are operating in). I regard this as one consideration;
2. your budget;
3. music you listen to.

As a general proposition, the Willsenton R8. which is less than $900 US, plus shipping, is a wonderful amp. I can tell you that from personal experience. 

That said, it will all depend upon those three factors referred to above. 

Enjoy the hobby, as its all about enjoying the experience and not stressing over the minutia. 5k for some is a lot of money and as I said, you don’t need to spend anywhere near that kind of money. 

Regards
To follow up on my Van Alstine issue.  This was over 20 years ago.  I had a Model 2 SS amp.  Absolutely loved the sound, it was beautiful.  Had an issue, called Van Alstine for help.  Was told that I might as well trash it.  They had no schematics (that they would share or had lost) and would not work on it.  This is not an issue with a "quality" company.  You can call McIntosh or Audio Research and many others with some of the first stuff they made and they will address it and take care of it at an expected expense.  Yes, it still bothers me and really pisses me off.  It was a wonderful sounding piece of equipment that was put out with the trash.  I do still own a very early piece of Van Alstine's, it is a Dynaco ST-70 that Frank did years and years ago, before starting his own company.  I feel okay owning this and have even had it recapped after I had a few failing.  The schematics for a ST-70 are pretty much public domain. 
If you are going to spend the dough, go with Pass Labs or Conrad Johnson. I have both and these are wonderful amps. Service support is unrivalled.
It’s funny I saw this thread and I immediately thought there must be this guy peddling Raven Blackhawk and bam.. there it is! lol