Nagaoka MP-150 vs MP-200

I recently upgraded my turntable which came with a Naga MP-150.  I like the 150, but can't help wondering how much difference a 200 stylus would make.  For anyone with experience with both, I welcome your thoughts. (Previously I had a Signet TK5e for many years, which I was happy with. Anyone happen to know what current cartridge would be closest sounding to that?)
128x128xs1137
There is a gentleman, Chinese I think who runs a hifi shop. His YouTube name is hifivinylnews. He does a lot of cartridge comparisons and likes Nagaoka.

You trust some Chinese communist who runs a hi-fi shop? Who cares what he likes, he’s not even an audiogon member ... @mr_m

Seriously, China is notorious for counterfeit products and grey market dealers.
@mr_m - thanks for the info on that gentleman

He does a lot of cartridge comparisons and likes Nagaoka.
He certainly does - he prefers them over all the other cartridges he reviewed in the three videos I watched.

There was a whiff of "promotional bias" :-)

I’m not sure I would trust his evaluations alone,
  • so I went looking for other comparisons and found a couple that contradicted his findings,
  • but they were very close
  • however, definitely not quite as "Night and Day" as his videos appear to suggest.
Cartridges are tough to assess, because you have to buy one to try it and their performance is very dependent on the system components, cables, the turntable and especially cartridge setup and alignment, which with the more modern stylus profiles is extremely important.

So I would still revert back to my own "Nagoka experience" and favour AT and Signet carts.

Regards - Steve

@williewonka 

Steve, duly noted, your money, your ears, your choice. I have no problem with that.

@chakster 

Well comrade, while we are airing our "dirty laundry" I'm at least willing to give that gentleman the benefit of the doubt. I have done my own comparisons and have found the Nagaoka's to be of good quality if not Sota. You dismiss them as just do much junk.

I have used your so called recommendations such as Stanton 881S, and while they were good in their day I feel the Nagaoka's are better and what I remember of stylus wear, the Stanton's were certainly no better.

While you're at it Chakster, being a j__k isn't a good look for you. You are better than that. IMO.
my sonic memory of Signet is pretty dated. We sold a LOT of them IF client couldn’t make the leap to a Dynavector Ruby. I would love to audition a 10 mk whatever…..

@chakster

Well comrade, while we are airing our "dirty laundry" I’m at least willing to give that gentleman the benefit of the doubt. I have done my own comparisons and have found the Nagaoka’s to be of good quality if not Sota. You dismiss them as just do much junk.

This an entry level cartridge, just like any classic Shure, Ortofon, Grado at this price, nothing special. Just a basic cartridge from a very old brand you can trust @mr_m

I have used your so called recommendations such as Stanton 881S, and while they were good in their day I feel the Nagaoka’s are better and what I remember of stylus wear, the Stanton’s were certainly no better.

Did I ever mention Stanton in this topic anywhere?
I recommended to the OP to ask my buddy Nordic about SIGNET cartridges, he’s got some. And I believe we don’t need your Chinese chap approval on TV, right ?

P.S. Regarding Stanton 881s (if you’re so concerned) I always posted an article from T.A.S. magazine. According to the article It was an official monitoring cartridge on cutting lathe of Mr. Doug Sax at Sheffield Lab in the 80s. He is the guy who mastered some of the most famous albums including the 12th album of Pink Floyd. When you cut a lacquer you need a cartridge to playback it right from the cutting lathe, so there was a Stanton 881s when Mr. Doug Sax played his master cut to make sure everything is OK. I trust industry professionals.