Why the hate for mcintosh amps?

Why dont people,like mcintosh? Who motivates this?

so what are the alternatives??
emergingsoul
Interesting, McIntosh owners don’t feel the need to bash other gear. While owners of other gear seem to have to justify their purchase over McIntosh. Just an observation.

This.

I noticed the same thing. No one likes the same things, or sounds.  That is what makes the world go round.  No need to bash.  I appreciate everyone’s opinion, and I know everyone feels strongly about their purchases,  but come on, we all have  the same passion.
I almost bought a MC275 a few years back but ended up going a class integrated SS with Luxman.... As for rolex analogy I buy my Rolex SS models from the dealer new wear them for a few years. And sell them at 40%more on average. My hulk cost £7k odd and they sell now for £16k after 1 year (luckily a discontinued model?)
Wish I was selling hifi for more when it goes.... 🤑

They have some clever new design innovations but accuracy will never beat some great automatics from grand seiko... But I think of rolex as jewelry... If I am doing DIY or sport or travel I don’t really wear them
Other than breaking my Little toe on a McIntosh amp( It jumped in front of me),  I don’t have anything against the brand.

JD
I find it hilarious people say McIntosh is uber expensive and for Dr's and lawyers.  If they knew much about the industry and prices of other high-end components they would definitely change their mind and find it very affordable in comparison.  I read a review comparing a MC452 vs a 30 or 40k amp (don't remember the name) and the Mac more than held its own. If you know or do some research I think McIntosh is a bargain overall backed up by its high resale value. Bash away I don't care but most haters really don't have a clue.