Need advice/opinion in choosing Vandy 2ci or Thiel 1.5

I'm setting up an audio system for my son and run into cheap pair of Vandy 2CI and Thiel CS1.5 all in good shape.
I'm leaning toward Thiel CS 1.5 since I've owned a few pairs in the past. 
Electronics are tube integrated, modest vinyl system, streaming DAC. Small room 10x12 with window

Thanks!

audiomax
While this might not be his forever room, this might not be his forever system either.
While this might not be his forever room, this might not be his forever system either.
But it could be.
There are some owners of the 2C that have not upgraded their speakers, and they seem to be content with them.

I generally have not bought a speaker to use, knowing it is going to be discarded soon. I buy what I think will be lasting me for a long while.

What would one replace it with?

Plus the fellow already gets access to live music, much more so than many other people… so it is not like he needs a speaker and system “as his sole access to musical experience”.
Thanks for all the great advices and all seems to steer me to the Vandys' direction which I don't think we can go wrong. I may miss some transparency from the Thiel's but it could be a big gain for my son based on his preferred choice of music and vinyl.
@unsound, @audionoobie are correct, my small room will be overwhelmed by the 2Cx sizes.
jenney
1 @unsound I'm thinking about the new 1Ci's as they may suit my room well thanks for the tip. I'm also glad to know Thiel still have service center to support their fans worldwide...

holmz   
I don't think my son will move out anytime soon but he can take the system and run if he decides to part 

Happy Listening!

Thanks for all the great advices and all seems to steer me to the Vandys' direction which I don't think we can go wrong.
You are sort of getting a confirmation bias group… where all the Vandy owners say that the Vandys are great…  one should be mindful that the group has a high degree of bias, irregardless of the fact that they are probably right.