Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
duegi,

I used a McIntosh MC462 on a pair of Thiel 2.4s for about 6 months and really liked the combination. Try to 2 ohm tap on the MC462. I found the highs softer and more relaxed on the 2 ohm tap. 
They are hard to find used but a pair of 3.7s with subs could be end game speakers. 
tonywinga,

yes I think we are listening for the same thing. I am just the peanut gallery so you can ignore me lol. 
Having had my Thiels in 4 different rooms now it is amazing how different every room sounded in the bass region. I have also found that different speakers seem to get the same peaks and valleys in the frequency in the same room while being totally different designs. 
A hard lesson for me to lean, buying “better” speakers to have the same issue in the bass. 

Tony -

Don't be so self-effacing.  The fact is that much of what gets ascribed to gear in our hobby is really the result of other things.  I think until you read or take a course in microphones and recording, room treatment, and psychological deception, you leave yourself open as an audiophile.  And I am not in the "everything is the same" camp at all .... just wise to the kind of thing you have observed and many others here have mentioned.

Thanks for your observation.
harrylavo

Excellent commentary. I hope that you are well and enjoying the Fall season.

Happy Listening!
Thiel people are the best peoples…

By far, this the most non-judgemental, polite, honest, kind and most supportive thread/forum I have been a part of in my 11 years of being serious about my audiophilia.

It’s always a pleasure to check in and see how everyone is doing.

Thanks Thiel peoples!!! If any of you are ever in Burbank CA, come on over and we’ll listen to some tunes. 😎