Need advice/opinion in choosing Vandy 2ci or Thiel 1.5

I'm setting up an audio system for my son and run into cheap pair of Vandy 2CI and Thiel CS1.5 all in good shape.
I'm leaning toward Thiel CS 1.5 since I've owned a few pairs in the past. 
Electronics are tube integrated, modest vinyl system, streaming DAC. Small room 10x12 with window

Thanks!

audiomax
Very cool gesture. It’s subjective. I prefer the Vandersteens. They’re more sensitive and easier to drive, plus to young ears, the Thiels may sound a bit bright.  Maybe let him pick.  Should be a great sounding system.

Having owned both 2Ci's and Thiel 3.6, I also thing the Vandys would probably be a safer choice for this case. Easier to drive with tubes, a more forgiving tonal balance allowing for compatibility with lower cost amps and the fact that the company is still around for parts if needed all are factors. 
One consideration not yet mentioned is that many younger people's musical selections include more newer recordings that tend to be more compressed and hotter in the treble. Perhaps, a less than ideal fit with the Thiels relatively speaking. Cheers,
Spencer
@ soix The 1.5's average output is ~4 Oms so you're right, it may require high current amp. I have a 40w/c tube Class A integrated amp so hopefully in puts out enough juice in a relatively 10 x 12 x 8 room.

@ holmz  I like option 1 and 2. Thanks

@ knotscott I like your suggestion, the 2CI's may be too big for the room and we need to re-arrange the room but we'll see.

@ sbank I agree Vandys would be a safer choice. My son in his 20s now and he's a violinist in a commercial band. His plays multiple string instruments, classical and Latin jazz are his favorites. I guess since he was growing up in a family listening mostly to vinyl and tube does give him an appreciation for high quality music 

Vandys! Just never thought the Thiels were worth a damn. Bad tweeter and crossovers which tried to solve problems better solved elsewhere.
@audiomax Given your comments about your son's string experience, part of his ultimate satisfaction will come down to the vinyl rig choices. Your call on if you want to derail your own thread or start a another, but cartridge choice that has clear, tonally accurate treble might be a priority for him vs. your average Tom, Dick or Raul. Cheers,

Spencer