Jax2 (Marco P.)

I've been noticing of late that some of the "old guard" audiophiles have been showing up again on Audiogon.  Those of you who were around starting around for the first decade of the new millennium likely remember Jax2 (Marco).  Funny as hell, passionate about good sound and music, able to poke good fun at the foibles of our shared passion and the commercial exploitation of such.  Some of his posts got kicked off because they became too "real". Only a few of his posts remain. Marco was a true artist (photographer), who deeply enjoyed the good things in life. HIs passion for high performance led into photography, audio, motorcycles as well as high quality food and libation.  Most notable was his love of people: their stories, interests, and what they had learned on their journeys.

Sad news: Marco passed away from lung cancer on 9/11/21 in his early 60's after a 1.5-year battle. I figured those of you who knew Marco, perhaps shared music or equipment recommendations, would want to know. I will share this thread with his wife.  There is also a go fund me account set up. 

A true loss to those who knew and loved him.
peter_s
Oh, what sad news.

I was thinking of Marco just yesterday. Wondering how he was. It’s odd how thoughts come to one’s mind about someone; then news arrives.

Funny, passionate and insightful. Audiogon was at its best when Marco was contributing.

Condolences to his family.

Such a loss.  I met Marco in '94, and was fortunate to spend a lot of time with him over the years.  An immense talent, and truly ahead of his time in the photography realm.  He also happened to be the person who introduced me to high-end audio, and thus to friends I would never have had known otherwise. 

He truly saw the beauty in everything.  He'll be missed terribly.
Very sorry to hear this terrible news. I always greatly enjoyed my interactions with Marco and have missed his contributions here. My deepest sympathies to his family and friends.
Marco was a friend I never met; His adventurous spirit always came through in his posts. Here's to fast rides and fast tunes for Marco. Cheers, buddy, we'll miss you!

Spencer