A turntable that plays all types of music well

Hi,

I might be moving and my lenco L75 direct drive with large Nantais plinth might be sold as too bulky to want to bring along....

For new location what turntable has the PRAT and ability to play all types of vinyl music well?

I already have a good Helius Omega arm and soundsmith hyperion cart so looking for turntable only....nothing over 10K
128x128karmapolice
The only one that doesn't do better is the Crosley. I wonder why.

it's for disposable records
@Gmercer The Thales Compact + Simplicity tone arm is a stunning TT. And indeed in such a ‘compact’ box. I used it almost daily for a few years until I purchased the truly amazing, in both sound and look, ‘Oscar’ Tegra. Mr Thales (Huber) is not someone that I found trustworthy when things break down. Whereas Mr Tentogra ( Wojtec) is one of the most helpful reliable knowledgeable manufacturers I’ve encountered. (Eduardo at Audiopax struck me similarly). and always willing to go the extra mile.  Just my 2p
Let me clarify one more time....

Some tt provide better bass and for me that matters more for some genres than others....

If you think your tt handles all music and sounds equally well that is awesome but it ain't what I hear....

For some genres bass production less important imho.

If we can focus on recommending an under 10K turntable and focus less on the rest thanks
@karmapolice , 1st off, what size is your Helius Omega. There is a 10 " and a 12" version. The 12" version will limit choices. 

Not to worry about genres. Good tables will play them all. One could argue about cartridges but your Hyperion is by all accounts an excellent cartridge. 

This is the first time I have looked into the Helius Omega arm and it appears to be an excellent design. It is neutral balance with a low vertical bearing and it is single wire from cartridge to phono stage. It is also very reasonably priced! I have to get close to one of these to check it out!

I just purchased a new Sota Cosmos which is $10 K. So you know what $10K turntable I like. It has a stable suspension and is completely isolated. It has an extremely accurate drive system. It uses a magnetic thrust bearing like Clearaudio tables and has an excellent vacuum clamping system. It has a great dustcover. The 10" Omega should fit fine. The 12" will not. The only table I like that will take a 12" arm is the Helix 2 which is $40K. There is the SME 30/12 but that is also way above $10K. Basis does not make a table that will take 12" arm. The Kuzma Ref 2 is a great option right at $10K. It is suspended and isolated. It uses reflex clamping which is second only to vacuum clamping. It has a standard bearing of high quality. It does not have a dust cover. The suspended sub chassis is exposed. With the Sota the sub chassis is internal which makes the table a lot nicer to use. You can bump the plinth without any effect.

If you are interested in the Sota. Call Donna Bodinet and tell her your situation with the Helius. You can send her the arm and Christian will determine if the arm will fit. It it will (I think it will) they will make a custom arm board for it and you are in business. They are about 6 months behind schedule so you will have to be patient.
Do you have the option of auditioning with some of your own records?

There's a lot of good turntables for less than $10k!

And the phono stage and cartridge can transform a turntable too!

I'm happy with my Rega P8 and given my previous tables were a Dual and Rega RP1...my comparison was mostly on best bang for the buck given the rest of my system.