How important is it to have identical speaker cable length?

I have a situation where my speakers are different distances from my amp. Would it be wrong to pair a 3-meter cable to one speaker and a 2-meter cable to the other or is it really just a theoretical issue? Many thanks in advance for your thoughts!

benchwarmer
"This forum…..first answer:  absolutely no problem.   Second answer: oh my god no. Third answer: perhaps yes perhaps no.  Unbelievable."

I think it depends on the education of the poster.   When I got out of college I had a EE degree in analog electronic design.  I thought I knew a lot.   Then some time later I went back and got another engineer degree when I realized there was a lot I didn't know.   Now with over 40 years of analog design, I have come to the conclusion that the more you know, the more you realize how much you don't know.

I do agree with the same length concept.   Even if you don't sell them later, odds are you will change your system and have useless cables.

Robert
This has been debunked in many papers and web sites.
I have 2 different lengths of cable and if you can hear a difference I have a fuse to sell you.

It is very important to have the same speaker cable length because the sound will change with different cable lengths but, you will only hear that on certain types of speakers.
The ONLY difference in wire lengths would be a very small amount of inductance capacitance.  Certainly nothing that would be audible.
At least arch2 is keeping it real. I would also be more inclined to have same length of cables for L/R speakers purely due to OCD. I would speculate though that coiling one cable vs other being straight has more chance of resulting in actual audible difference.