Do you all agree when Prince said the 60s, 70s and 80s were the golden ages of music?

So I came across this interview today and it dates back to 2011. Prince felt the 60s-80s were the golden ages of music when artists played their instruments, wrote their own songs and actually had to perform (those were his reasons).

I posted it and if you watch from 7:40 you’ll see what I mean.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mcgvcqVHJC0

What do you all think?
michaelsherry59
Okay fellas, I listened to the band’s 1968 and 1969 LPG’s on YouTube. Being a Motown and jazz guy I wasn’t inspired by any of their tunes. And why were they playing previously published hit tunes by other rock artists? I didn’t find any reference to “jazz” artistic accomplishments. Simply classic rock. But hey, everyone’s got a different sense of what defines great music, and great musicians. At least give me some Carol King, who began as a songwriter of countless hits in New York. All simply my opinion.
Yes @coltrane1, The Band are too subtle for some listeners. They were for me, it taking me a year of listening to finally "get" Music From Big Pink. Perhaps you need to listen to them some more, or perhaps you, like some musicians I know, will never get them. No pejorative implications intended.

As for "previously published hit tunes", what the heck are ya talkin' bout? The s/t brown album contains 100% Band member composed songs. So does Music From Big Pink, with the exception of

1- "Tears Of Rage", co-written by Band pianist/singer Richard Manuel and Bob Dylan. Dylan rarely writes with anyone else, a sign of the respect he had for Manuel's songwriting talent.

2- "I Shall Be Released', written by Bob Dylan during the year (1967) he and The Band (then still known as The Hawks) spent recording publishing demos in the basement of Big Pink. They contributed to the development of the song, so imo have some right to consider it part of their original repertoire.

3- "Long Black Veil", recorded by Country & Western artist Left Frizzell (hardly a "Rock artist") long before The Band did. They included the song on MFBP for an artistic reason, the explaining of which would take up too much time and space.

So, of the 23 songs included in their first two albums, none was a "previously published hit tune by other Rock artists". I mean, unless you consider Lefty Frizzell a Rock artist, and "Long Black Veil" a "hit tune". 
Millercarbon, 

Thomas More may have coined the word from the Greek “ou-topics”, but he meant it as a pun, since the Greek “eu-topos” means “a pleasant place”. So I think you are not entirely on solid ground. 
"What you mean is you wish they would remove everything you disagree with."

No, what he means is that this is a forum for audio related comments/ questions - NOT politics.

@unreceiveddogma  Yes, I believe he's thinking, incorrectly, of Samuel Butler's "Erewhon".