2.1 to 5.2 (Vandersteen 2C)

I have a pair of 2C which I have had since the mid 80s.Other than the WAF they are great.
We just got an LG OLED and the spoken parts are pretty dire for sound, so looking at going 5.2…
Is staying in the Vandersteen lineup a good idea?Or should I be considering other options?
128x128holmz
Hi holmz, glad you made it over here and getting some good advice. I can't comment on the above info except to say about 3 years ago my wife and I added two bass shakers under our couch and absolutely love them. Aurasound and a beefy plate amp which we enclosed in a walnut cabinet. Dialed in the crossover and volume and smile every time they kick in. They're not for everybody but it was money well spent for us. 

One cool thing about them is they can be fully active and as soon as you stand up you can't tell they're on. Good luck.
Thanks Doc… I’ll likely use a Hypex plate amp, as I already have a couple of the 502 (500W X2 Channels)… so I can test one iut with a buttkicker and one with a bandpass sub.
for those as I who refuse to put their TV right smack in the middle between our ‘front speakers’, a center channel speaker is a must. '

Clearly I wasn't speaking to off-center watching.  With some Netflix series you'll have a serious problem anyway, since you will have no center at all (unless you are lucky enough to have a processor which will force 5.1 to Dolby ProLogic). :)  You'd be much better off with a 3 channel sound bar.

Best,

Erik
I agree with Eric.  Vandersteen's are outstanding to many of us.  They make the best speaker to integrate with yours.  
Eric,Is the VCC is essentially a 3 channel sound bar?(Or when combined with Left and Right becomes 3 channel)

I have a processor coming so i am hopeful it will output and EQ some better audio.

And thanks.