Bass sensation like a loud car system in home?

I know this is a bit of a silly question but bear with me here:

What options are there for getting that feeling of a powerful subwoofer vibrating through your body in your home?  I know the easiest option would be to just put a capable subwoofer next to your seating and let it hit as hard as it can.  I'm also not trying to make all of my neighbors hate me so I'm looking for some creative solutions to pulling it off at reasonable residential volumes.

I'm thinking that some combination of tactile transducers in the couch and a subwoofer next to or also installed inside of the couch would get pretty close.  Being right under your body I wonder what kind of decibels would actually be required to get a bass massage going.  Without the sensation of the high volume bass it also might just seem silly and be a complete waste of time aside from watching movies.

Thoughts?
yukispier
I use a second electronics system, amp and pre-amp, to drive my excellent mains and  quality subs. Since both sets are driven by thr same models of amps and pre-amps, and since I measured and time aligned all of my speakers, it works great. an added benefit is complete control of how much bass is either added, either to somewhat suppeiment my mains, or really rock out.  On really good recordings, the volume controls are set the same.    .   
Why would you ever want that? When I think of car audio, I think of the ghetto blasters that are played so loud that the sound of the plastic car body sounding like it’s gonna vibrate clear off the car frame is louder than the music itself. 
Why would you ever want that? When I think of car audio, I think of the ghetto blasters that are played so loud that the sound of the plastic car body sounding like it’s gonna vibrate clear off the car frame is louder than the music itself.

If you've ever actually spent time in a car with a proper system and adequate dampening materials installed you hear no rattles or buzzing inside.  It's similar to having a massage chair when it's bumping loudly.  But you're right about "ghetto blasters" being what I'm referring too.  I have a high end high powered sub sitting in my garage that I thought I could use for this.

You guys who don't listen to the type of music that is built around slamming bass will never comprehend why anyone would want this.  It'd be stupid to build that style of system to listen to symphonies and jazz.  You don't need a bass volume knob for that type of listening :P