Most forgiving high end speaker 10k-20k?

Better high end speakers are typically so high in resolution that, while they sound superb with great and maybe even good recordings, they sound mediocre to plain bad with average recordings. Given that many people have average recordings that they enjoy, and would wish to be able to listen to most if not all of their music library, what speakers in the roughly $10k-20k realm (new price) would provide an extraordinary listening experience across the spectrum (average to good recordings especially)? Does such an animal exist?
jeffkad
Jeffkad

I remember our room at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in 2007 I believe. People would come in and I would say "Welcome to our oasis of Music". Kind of funny but the guys at positive-feedback had been in quite a few times, a year later they started to hand out awards called Music Oasis or something like that.
If you get to Denver look us up. As they said in positive feedback "sound to die for"
Honest1, I would very much appreciate if you could email/call me re your audition experience, it would help me to know which system you heard.
it does sound like they were not broken in. there was one pair which the owner sold this year after having for almost four years and they had only put about 12 hours on them! unfortunately they were non-believers in speaker break in.... the current owner broke them in and loves them!
anyway it does sound like something was amiss or they were not broken in?
thanks,
lou
I'll send an email. We used to be able to contact members through Audiogon, but it looks like they've eliminated this feature.
Yup, no more persoanl contact with members. All contact has to be publically displayed....it sucks, but that's the way it is now.