Transport needed !

Hey all ! Im totally stoked, i just aquired a Parasound HINT6 ! I have a 30yr old pair of MartinLogan Sequels. So i start by hooking up my Bluesound Node2, analog out. I use Tidal and the sound is soooooooo good. Since this little digital machine sounded so good i thought what the hell get a transport for CD’s
       I know theres budgets for everything lets say 300-350. I would like to tryout the onboard dac, 
  • ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC (ES9018K2M)
  Im still reading about it…..

any suggestions ????
kgveteran
I'm a Sony fan. Any of the ES series with low mileage. I'm not a big fan of the multi-disk ES, but they still sound pretty good and hold up well in a party environment. The electrolytic do go south though.. 5400 777 and 9XX.

Replace the fuse circuit and IEC with copper or silver plated.  A little cleaning, silicone dry lube on the caddy tracks, and a half way decent 39.00 usd special PC and you're  cookin' That cable works very well with a LOT of the low amperage consumers. I have 1/2 meter cables on my NC500 class ds. No bass duty of course.. They are an excellent PC.
THAT seller is really good to work with too.. FAST delivery.. Good mom and pop QC for sure..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202808747120?var=502967448567
Try to find a good used player made prior to 2000 with a good phillips or sony transport in it like a marantz cd 63 or 67 or an old sony but make sure they have a digital out to feed a dac.
I just sold my Cambridge cxc on Ebay last week for $300! It was fine, I just had bought an Oppo 205 so I didn't need it.
Hi,

The Cambridge CXC Cd transport is a good 1st hand option. 

If you fancy a 2nd hand CD player, I would look at the Marantz 63 MKII KI has an alternative the Philips CD-850 MK II or the Marantz CD-50. 

On both Philips CD-850 MK II and the Marantz CD-50 should have a very wide image and 3D image.

If you fancy Rega gear, another valid option would be Rega Planet, 

If you are more on the analytic side and in deed of a bunch of functionality without breaking the bank the Sony CDP-997 is a  option.

On all this 2nd hand options, and for best performance, you will probably want service them, and make some upgrades has they will probably need to be recap, a new laser lens and the circuits to be calibrated.

Hope this help

Fil
Post removed