Phono cartridge torque wrench

Hi Guys & Gals

Do any of you use a torque wrench when tightening your cartridge to your tonearm or do you just use a regular screwdriver or Allen key? 

Thank you
Scot
scothurwitz
I prefer allen screws, easier to tight. Rega used to have a nice torque wrench.
Do not overly tight ! Especially if you have cartridge body with treated holes, you can damage it forever. Use ONLY small tool provided with cartridge. Use plastic washer under the screw.
When shipping stuff pack it tight.

When finding a proper torque, remember this. Clean all the threads, lube the threads or add your type of thread lock (it's a lube if YOU move it's a lock if your not). OR NOT add the lock and use just torque..

Tighten the securements in an even cross pattern until they bottom out. + nothing. That means its just there no torque all. The screws are only touching with NO space between any surfaces, washer, or nuts (if used) I go around 3 - 4 times. THEN (FOR YOU ONLY) and (if they are an alloy or nylons) + 5 degrees (out of 360). That is not very tight, BUT it will never come loose..

They use to call it Zero + torque. All kinds of ways to torque thing PROPERLY.  MC is pretty close. BE light on the torque.. Hinge points, lube and take out the end play, PLUS ZERO.. It pushes the lube away from surfaces..

Regards
Agree with MC and I check it occasionally or at least annually when I lube the bearing.