Paradigm or JL subwoofer

I am making changes to my 5.1.4 system. I use it for home theater and listening to music.
I have a Paradigm SW 1000 Prestige sub. It was suggested to me that if I am upgrading my system I should have two subs. I listened to two JL Fathom f112v2 subs. The sound was great. They would cost probably $9000. As I already have the Paradigm SW1000 sub, I am thinking of just adding another one for $3000 and saving $6000 that I could use for better electronics such as a Lumin T2 streamer. Would two Paradigm 12 inch subs be a major drop-off in sound quality compared to the JL's. Thanks

galleybob
thanks for the response. I have decided to buy another Paradigm SW1000. Too many comments about the reliability of the JL's has convinced me. I probably don't need to spend $3000 on a second sub but I would worry that mixing subs would not be as good as two the same

Good call to stick with what you have. You will be happy with that. 
Each time my JL E112s broke they changed out all of the electronics. This last time they change everything (including the driver) but the box. I basically had 4 subs fail. My current two have been going strong for about two months…. Fingers crossed. 
This is for Home Theater? 

Paradigm SW1000's, JL Audio F 112's?  One "sounded far better," where? Your room or mine? That Paradigm margin is quite attractive, eh? 

After first hand experience with the F series and Paradigm, I wouldn't choose either. Not for their lack of quality performance but for their stunningly limited low frequency processing design.

I'd suggest auditioning a dealers JLAudio F series at home with your current sub. They both have XLR in/out. Check first but I believe you could use either's processing to run both. and make an informed processing decision yourself.
Their subwoofers, they don't need to match. 

In the end JL's CR-1 crossover may be your best investment.

@james633 Does JL use silicone calking over their boards?   
Long and short, 2 is better then 1.

I'd double up on what you have already, which is what I also did when I was entertaining a costly sub upgrade.

I'm happy with my double KEF set up, as opposed to buying two new SVS sub's.