Paradigm or JL subwoofer

I am making changes to my 5.1.4 system. I use it for home theater and listening to music.
I have a Paradigm SW 1000 Prestige sub. It was suggested to me that if I am upgrading my system I should have two subs. I listened to two JL Fathom f112v2 subs. The sound was great. They would cost probably $9000. As I already have the Paradigm SW1000 sub, I am thinking of just adding another one for $3000 and saving $6000 that I could use for better electronics such as a Lumin T2 streamer. Would two Paradigm 12 inch subs be a major drop-off in sound quality compared to the JL's. Thanks

galleybob
This is for Home Theater? 

Paradigm SW1000's, JL Audio F 112's?  One "sounded far better," where? Your room or mine? That Paradigm margin is quite attractive, eh? 

After first hand experience with the F series and Paradigm, I wouldn't choose either. Not for their lack of quality performance but for their stunningly limited low frequency processing design.

I'd suggest auditioning a dealers JLAudio F series at home with your current sub. They both have XLR in/out. Check first but I believe you could use either's processing to run both. and make an informed processing decision yourself.
Their subwoofers, they don't need to match. 

In the end JL's CR-1 crossover may be your best investment.

@james633 Does JL use silicone calking over their boards?   
Long and short, 2 is better then 1.

I'd double up on what you have already, which is what I also did when I was entertaining a costly sub upgrade.

I'm happy with my double KEF set up, as opposed to buying two new SVS sub's.
Yes it does not make sense at all to take a big loss on my Paradigm sub. I have no doubt I could have bought something better for less money but at the time I thought it was best to match the sub to my speakers. I will buy a second one 
Post removed