Stacking gear no more rack space does it affect sound quality

I've run out of room for my gear. Since I started streaming i have run out of rack space and began stacking. I bought some of those brass disc long ago for putting on top of components for damping and was told by seller not to use to many it will dull sound. Now I have my preamp power supply on top of preamp and dac power supply and dac on top of preamp power supply 3 high. Streamer on top of phono stage. I have another dac on top of streamer. I have 3 racks 2 shelves each between speakers, total six shelves. Do other people do this and does it affect sonics. I don't even have room to take things off to try without stacking, to much crap plugged in.
paulcreed
It may or may not affect the sound, but I would worry more about making sure everything has sufficient ventilation for proper heat dissipation. You wouldn't think digital components generate much heat, but I recall my Oppo 205 running quite warm and I would hesitate to stack anything on top. 
That is a place you can make a LOT or get rid of a LOT of noise.

# 1 Placement. Be careful what goes where. 

Turntables/Tape units, valve gear (PtP), and digital gear don't always play well together.

# 2 Shielding and cable routing only ADD to the noise issue or detract from it. I call it "Cable Art" I like cabling to look nice and be QUIET.

Three things are left in my mind. 

# 1 How easy is it to access the gear for playback and cleaning?

# 2 How HARD/EASY is the access to input/output panel (s) and or to SWAP gear and cabling?

# 3 WHAT kind of a mess am I LOOKING at.. Looks count.

BUT then I look in the mirror.  Maybe not so much. :-)

Gear racks use to be all the rage.. They still are in a practical application, BUT who says stereo guys are practical. 

20k gear racks just touch the tip of stereo-nut-ism. I know of NO CURE!

Besides treatment cost money, that could be spent on stereo STUFF..

I say feed the BEAST..

Regards

I agree with rodman EMI/RFI and ebm. I do have a couple items stacked, but not more than 2 high for sure. Heat is a problem for electronics reliability, try to keep them cool.
I would be most concerned about heat dissipation of the unit having another one stacked on it.