Upgrade from Verity Parsifal to Parsifal Encore??

Hoping to hear from people who upgraded their original Parsifals to the Encores (tweeter and woofer change I believe).
What were the most noticeable differences?
I'm considering the upgrade but it's a little spendy. Trying to get a feel if it's a marginal difference or night and day.

Thanks!
jbaucom
I have the latest generation Parsifal Encores and have no desire to look for another speaker. I'm familiar with and have done some work for a Verity, Wilson, Magico, and Devore dealer. They are amazing speakers but Verity is the best for the value in my opinion. Devore's are cheaper, and Rockport probably presents the best challenge to my ears. Just my opinion.
I have owned both Encores and DeVore 0/96's. The Verity is a great speaker, and I would never say I will never look back. In fact, the Encores are quite special. I have had the DeVores for considerably less time, and am reworking my system around them. I am enjoying them very much, and of course they have allowed me to use much lower powered amps. That said, it has been a fun venture, and these two speakers have been my favorite. I have heard the Rockports several times, and think they are excellent, but at a higher price point. I heard the Ankaa, and older Antare. The latter is simply killer.
Bjesien- Could you explain your last comment about Rockport. Sorry, but I didn't understand what you meant. All the Best -Don
I've never heard the first gen Parsifal (so I can't speak directly to your question), but I've had my P/Es since +/- 1999 and they're IMHO very, very good speakers. However, there was another upgrade (Ovation) about 7 or 8 years ago, IIRC, which complicates matters a bit. You are effectively upgrading to a long discontinued product - which might be a less than ideal value equation. Really just an FYI, since newer Verity Parsifal speakers have gotten very expensive over the years. I'd still cross shop the smaller speaker (Leonore?) just to sanity check the value vis a vis the upgrade.

Who knows, it might just work on the numbers, anyway. In any case, it's something to chew over before you pull the trigger.

Good Luck.

Marty
Bjesien, what do you mean "Rockport probably presents the best challenge to my ears"?
Hi Don,

For my next speaker, I am trying to decide between the exact same 2 speakers you have had.
I am trying to decide between a new Orangutan O/93 and Verity Parsifal Encore (used) which are approximately the same price range.

Can you tell me what made you switch to the Orangutan from the Parsifal, and how they compare.

I am leaning towards the Parsifals so far.

Bhaskar