BEWARE OF FRAUD with this member

FRAUD ALERT!
I recently sold a Mytek Liberty DAC to this user.

Buyer: locmao003
503-583-1266
[email protected]

In the Audiogon Selling portal they listed their shipping address as a US Oregon address.
I shipped the item to this address. 
Paypal payment made to my account.
USPS Insured shipment, with delivery confirmation.
Delivery confirmed on June 11, 2021 by USPS.
I got an email, from a DIFFERENT email address stating they received the item.

Next, I got a dispute from Paypal saying the buyer never received the item.
The buyer listed their address as VIETNAM! Not Oregon.
I NEVER sell or ship overseas and would not have accepted this purchase if that was disclosed.
Paypal has approved the claim, and took my $500 payment back. I am left without the original DAC or payment.

BEWARE of this Buyer!
128x128thegm
Is anyone really surprised that people with ill intent figured out how to scam people thru PayPal? It could be why they're always updating their user agreement policies that they say will affect you.

It's easier and cheaper for them to put their wagons in a circle than to seriously look into and update their verification policies. I'll continue to use them for my purchases as long as they are local or I've done business with others before.

All the best,
Nonoise
You could consider yourself lucky that it was only a $500 item. I lost $1200 on an amp sold on audiogon. The seller sold the same item to 10 others here and never delivered the amp to anyone. This place has always had its share of scammers. You’ve been scammed. Sorry but these are the rules of the AG system but AG never to my knowledge gets involved with sales or purchases. I’ve been here since 1997 and I’ve never seen it. 
 Create a bank Acct for use only for your web sales and purchases.  It will be in same bank as your regular account.  Moneyfrom sale goes into it and you immediately transfer to your regular Acct. PP only has authority to clawback money from your one Acct which is at zero balance.  You have the money, scammer is out of luck.  Complains to PP   But you are in charge now. You decide whether to reimburse.  If problem. Leave PP, OR OPEN ANOTHER NEW ACCT TO USE W THEM. They can’t get your goat if they don’t know where it’s tied.  
I have been told to not accept paypal and they don’t help the seller. And, this makes me want to never buy used or through Audiogon. I am shopping for speakers and everyone says buy used, but with risks like this I don’t think it is a good idea. OP, I am sorry for your loss. The world would be so much better if everyone was honest.
PayPal is impossible to work with. I only shop through vendors I know and trust. I also only do local pick up on gear that I sell.