Blindfold Speaker testing

So if we made a  experiment where a  group of seasoned audiophiles had to choose  which speaker is best over all, 
6 brands all hidden behinda  curtain.
5 top dawgs in the xover box low sens design and 1 of the high sens PS design. How do you think the results will come out?
But we will not tell the group what speakers are behind the curtains, They will have no idea 1 of the speakers is Point Source. 
How do you think the, or lets say which 1 speaker do you think would come out on top?
No lets do this, Lets give the  group a  list of 5 speaker brands, Walsh, Wilson, Tannoy, and 2 others which are very popular, like Joseph with the Seas. 
and 1 more,
The mystery speaker is not listed, so they have no idea what speaker it is.
The ? speaker is the high sens Point Source.
Now Richard Gray hosts this *guess which speaker event* as he is a  master of these types of gimmicks and  has seasoned audiophiles fooled every single time.
Which speaker do you think will make top of the list in results??
I know.
The Mystery Speaker.
Then Richard pulls the curtain and reveals the winner.
 SURPRISEE
Got ya
The Hifi Guy

mozartfan
stevie wonder texts andrea bocelli - yo a-b... come over help me listen to a few sets of speakers... 
Here is a example of bass response ina   high sens speaker, Of course I would never pay $$$$ for this speaker, when I can order the single driver and build my own design for alottt less.
The bass at 5:44 has my lil comp speakers rattling like a  SUB WOOFER and about to vibrate off the desk. 
Folks this bass is all you need = sub not needed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrIa6Z2Akjg

The power of High sens drivers, WOW
My intent was to employ as a  midrange, but hey is the bass is there, out  comes the Seas dual W18E001/with gorgeous Mundor Supreme caps. 
One heck of a  shootout there, Single driver bass vs DUAL!!! W18E001's/Mundorf SESGO+ Supreme Silver.
Will keep you guys posted on that fast gun draw. 
murphythecat,

YES! Using youtube to judge anything except, perhaps, appearance makes no sense at all.  On top of that, making any kind of universal judgment based on anything less than extensive personal experience is also nonsense. 

I agree with you that most wide range drivers are best used in multi-way systems.  Such systems, done right, will retain the immediacy and great presence in the midrange while sounding fuller, smoother and more refined than most single driver systems.  I think having the crossovers come into play well outside the heart of the midrange is a big help.
I first used YouTube videos to listen to Koetsu Black Goldline before buying. Let There Be Sound! lists the components used. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4m3UTQkUVU Listening to several of these allowed me to compare this Koetsu with some others, as well as hearing the Herron phono stage.

Here is my system https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 Every single component you see was purchased on the basis of reviews and/or YouTube "auditions". None of this has been brought home for audition. I have never in all that time (now well over 16 years) felt the need to send anything back. Far from it, everything has performed well beyond expectations.

Study this system. When I say every single thing, I mean every single thing. Conqueror tone arm. Verus motor controller. Herron phono stage. Melody amp. Tekton speakers. And a whole slew of tweaks too numerous to mention.

Next I would invite you to read the listener comments.

Finally, you might want to reconsider your use of the word, "nonsense".