Upper Level Vintage DD Strenghts and Weaknesses

All of these tables have been discussed in some form or another here over the years. I have read quite a few threads on them, but its a bit difficult to nail this point down.

Basically I am looking for a non-suspended table to install a Dynavector DV505 arm on, and these tables can fit the bill.

The most widely available is a Denon DP 75 or DP 80 in a Denon plinth, and they are perhaps the most affordable also. Are there any of their plinths that are desirable, or are they just a veneered stack of MDF or plywood?

While more expensive I can find a Sony TTS8000 in a Resinamic plinth although shipping from HK is expensive. There is one thread I came across here where a member who restores tables says two of the three TTS8000 he has done had play in the spindle assembly which looked to be wear in the brass bushings of the motor. That does make me pause in concern.

The JVC TT101 is not only difficult to find, its apparently a bit of a bear to get serviced, so its not high on the list.

The Technics SP 10 MK II I have owned, and its a nice table but to be honest I had a Denon DP75 that I felt actually sounded better. Also the models that are out there are either abused or have a premium price tag attached to them. Also I don’t need instant torque, and I think the bi-servo designs might offer better speed control.

As I write this the Denon and Sony seem to be at the top of the list, unless there is another I should be looking at.
neonknight
There are currently modern feet that do the job exceptionally and cost less than an old and rare set of AT 616
They are called Gaia Isoacoustics.

I don’t care, because I have 4 sets of AT-616 (16 of them).
I use some of them under my Tannoy System 15 (look at the right corner on this image)

The AT-616 are better (in my opinion) because you don’t have to screw them in something, you can’t do that with Gaya

Also I don't want to put my equipment on something like the sky-scrapper (too high). 
As soon as JP sends my flying saucer I'll put it in my Victor TT 101 original plinth with new teak veneer. I've got a set of the Russians AT-616's for the feet. 
@knollbrent, what Victor plinth are you using? Elliott and I have the CL2P with two tonearm boards. Elliott managed to mount a third arm on his as well.

BillWojo
If the  AT-616 Footer is produced in an era when Japanese Vintage TT's were in their Prime, and Yet to be superseded by cheaper Mass Produce Belt Drive TT's.
The AT-616 should be a ideal footer to a Person that is maintianing a Source in a System from that is True to the 70's/80's.

There are Individuals who have Vintage TT's ( Motor Type not so important, that have Vintage Tonearms with Vintage Wiring remaining and Cartridges from the same Era) 
To remain loyal to the authenticity is not a incorrect practice it is a choice that ceates a satisfaction to the user.

I have numerous options to hand as footers, in most cases the only real differences that offer thje WOW! impression is when the correct choice is made under a TT, thst offers a presentation that realy suits the end user.

I own AT-616, and have then in my Design for a Construction used as a Isolation Support.
The TT' Base and Cabinet Speakers are both using them.
The Speakers are seated on the AT-616 and the Sub Plinths for the TT are Supported by AT-616.

For a direct contact with a TT Plinth, in my system the AT-616 have been superseded and are replaced with SolidTech 'Feet of Silence'.
The 'FOS' have the most uniquitous capabilities, all loans of these have made extremely valued impressions.

To the point where after follow up investigations by individuals that have loaned the 'FOS' the choice of Footer settled on has been a IsoAcoutics GAIA.
As said in a previous post, another friend who has a bespoke produced Rack, was so impressed with the 'FOS' he produced his own design to be used in conjunction with the Rack.
I am yet to see and hear the outcome of the project.

It is not so much about the Footer, it is about the impression a Footer makes on a end user, not all will require a particular Model or Design to feel impressed and satisfied with their choice.
As important as the Footer in direct contact with the TT Plinth is what is underneath the Footer as a Support. 
A Footers performance will vastly improve when given an environment to allow it to offer its best properties.             
The AT-616 are better (in my opinion) because you don’t have to screw them in something, you can’t do that with Gaya
In my opinion one of the advantages of the Gaia is the possibility of being able to screw them, in fact I used them in the Technics SH10B3 obsidian base to replace the original feet; the screw has the same pitch and there is no need to change anything.
Applied on the SH10b3 aesthetically they are a show but the improvement of the sound compared to the original feet is audible.
I prefer feet that screw rather than place the equipment on feet that cannot be fixed, just a carelessness by accidentally hitting the electronics and it could slip, damaging its own edge and the support surface of the furniture.