Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
sdecker

I purchased the Marantz as a 2nd Reference SACD spinner. The previous owner tweaked Op amps and exchanged stock fuses for Hi Fi Tuning models.  Tell me more about your impressions? How long did you audition in your system?

Happy Listening!
I have been running my 2.4s off a McIntosh MC462 power amp for about a month now and I am happy with the results. It should be noted that I highpass my speakers at 60hz. 
While the MC462 does not look like the best match for the 2.4 due to its wicked 2 ohm impedance curve the MC462 does a great job to my ear. I have it connected through the 2 ohm taps. The sound is very balanced and the highs sound better than they ever have through the Thiels with a silkier sound that is not rolled off or lacking detail. The mids have zero glare and there is good texture in the upper mid bass, subs handle the low bass. 
In the past I have used a number of class-d amps (wyred 4 sound), Rotel AB amps, and benchmark equipment. I can’t really speak directly on the sound difference due to so much time between all of them but I feel that the McIntosh/Thiel combo is the most refined and listenable of all my setups.  

The 3.7s on ebay are serial numbers 97 and 98 so it's an opportunity to get a pair with an original Lexington crossover.  
james633

Good to see you here today. Thank You for the follow up on your Mac/Thiel combo. What other gear is in your current system?

Happy Listening!
jon_5912

Nice catch! Those are low numbers for the CS 3.7 loudspeaker.
I hope they find the next good home.

Happy Listening!