Why audiophiles are different (explained with color)

A very interesting video on color and color perception. How it comes into being.

In the act of doing so, it illustrates how the complexity of the high end audio world comes into existence.. 

at the same time it explains how we end up with almost what you would call 'violent detractors'. Negative detractors.

People unable to discern nuance. Audio haters. As in .....non evolved people, regarding audio.

This is not a put down, it merely uses the words to describe the position in life they are in at the time. They may evolve more into the given audio directions, or they may not. It is a matter of will, choice, time, and innate capacity to do so.

Why The Ancient Greeks Couldn't See Blue
teo_audio
Any attempt in enlightenment which attains group consensus... is inherently incorrect.
And if I happen to disagree, does that confirm the statement is true? :-)
I do think it depends a great deal on a qualified sample group.

@teo_audio - interesting concepts shared here. I do see enough agreement on appraisals of devices and technologies, means of getting better performance etc. Sufficiently enough agreement to glimpse patterns of helpful and knowledgeable audiophiles, even some disputes where passionate people will take the time to actually compile well thought out cases for their thoughts.

These people, willing to discuss their opinions, with reasons for an opinion, these I respect the more. Not that they agree or not, but that they are willing to relate why their opinion aught to be weighed up.

Thank you for this thread, and these last half a dozen posts, I have read and see merit in each discourse.
@mahgister,

An audiophile is someone who can transform TOTALLY his room with 1/4 inches straw lenghth.... I guess i am one.... 😉
A consumer is someone who will spend many thousand of dollars to do the same thing.... 😎
Only superstitious conditioned mind or professional sellers think that audiophile experience is money invested directly related....I listen to a bad system whose value was 300,000 bucks....You know why? They lack a straw at the right spot....

This microdynamic expressing gesture of playing between 2 instruments locked one with the other by their "rythmical resonance" is after timbre experience the most important criteria about an audio system for me...
It is the only reason why i would upgrade, if i could afford it, my 500 bucks system to a 15,000 bucks one...( yes i calculate the price even if i could never afford it) 

----------

This is THE major problem with this hobby.

Gaining that last bit of improvement (especially when it comes to timbral accuracy) might well mean you have to spend 30 times more!
@mahgister,

An audiophile is someone who can transform TOTALLY his room with 1/4 inches straw lenghth.... I guess i am one.... 😉
A consumer is someone who will spend many thousand of dollars to do the same thing.... 😎
Only superstitious conditioned mind or professional sellers think that audiophile experience is money invested directly related....I listen to a bad system whose value was 300,000 bucks....You know why? They lack a straw at the right spot....

This microdynamic expressing gesture of playing between 2 instruments locked one with the other by their "rythmical resonance" is after timbre experience the most important criteria about an audio system for me...
It is the only reason why i would upgrade, if i could afford it, my 500 bucks system to a 15,000 bucks one...( yes i calculate the price even if i could never afford it)

----------

This is THE major problem with this hobby.

Gaining that last bit of improvement (especially when it comes to timbral accuracy) might well mean you have to spend 30 times more!

I will never upgrade my 500 bucks system...

Everybody listening to it knowing my S.Q. /price ratio is flabbergasted...

If i upgrade to 15,000 bucks for an improvement , no one will be so impressed, they will say it is a good system... Now they cannot believe what i have for the price...

There is a ceiling in S.Q. quality, after it you improve but with an exponential increase in price...

Elementary mechanics of vibration control, electrical noise floor basic facts, acoustical treatment and controls MAY cost nothing at all...

Then.....

Even if i could have the money i will not upgrade because i am too proud of my actual peanuts cost system S.Q.

Thanks God i did not have the money 7 years back to buy plug and play and dreaming to upgrade the month after....

Be creative and forget money....

Embed everything rightfully instead of upgrading and before it....Perhaps you will no more need to upgrade after that...

This is my point....

«Black is the color of joy because any pinpoint of arising light or sound consume everything»-Anonymus Smith
If you are a visual artist of some kind, or if you’ve studied linguistics, or, especially if you have done both, nothing new here.

It’s (relatively) common knowledge that ‘eskimos’ allegedly have as many as 300 words for snow. Studies show, however, that Eskimo-Aleut have the same number of root words for snow as English speaking peoples do, the difference being that the structure of the Eskimo-Aleut language allow for far more variability in this area.

Our world shapes perception. Perception shapes our world. The Incas claimed that our belly buttons are the center of the universe. Context is everything.

It’s annoying how this kid presents this like he’s just discovered the holy grail. I want to strangle him.
It’s annoying how this kid presents this like he’s just discovered the holy grail. I want to strangle him.
LOL, and the title is misleading. They saw blue as evidenced by art they just never used a single word to describe the color.