Lack of Female Representation

So who can explain the near lack of females in our hobby?  There are far more women discussing football than audio, by a long shot.  There are a lot more women into fixing up their cars as well.  I just can’t think of a hobby, other than ours, where representation is so close to zero.
simpletheater
millercarbon
To be perfectly candid this thread strikes me as virtue signaling of the highest order. It is sexist in the extreme. If we want to attract more people to the hobby then fine, attract more people. The minute you start slicing and dicing people into classes, well then you can no longer say people are people. You have denigrated the divine individual to no more than a member in a class. There’s a word for this and it ain’t good. So you lost me.
Especially since I am quite certain this is virtue signaling ... That’s the thing about virtue: painlessly easy to signal, incredibly painful to actually embody.
I think Millercarbon is trying out for Tucker Carlson's job.
Women like interacting with others; men with things.  The psychology and evolution behind this are overwhelming. 

Bags and jewelry are a noisy factor in the model.    
My Mother loves music for sure and has a nice Mid Fi system. Moon by Simaudio ACE, Rega P3, Audiolab CD transport and Sf Sonetto 1. She listens to mostly Pop and Jazz.

My daughter has a nice Mid Fi system also. Project Carbon TT and Pathos Classic Remix with Focals. 

Virtue signaling? rilly? I thought it was a simple question why more women weren’t into high end audio. 
I nominate MC for both Fox News hifi and chief virtue signaling correspondent.