Do you care about car audio?

I like nice cars and I appreciate the fact that I've been fortunate enough to lease and drive some very nice ones.  I would never drive a luxury car out of warranty, but that's not my point.  My point is, as much as I love audio, I never really had any urge to upgrade my car audio system.  Whatever came with the car was totally satisfactory to me.  Right now, my car came with a somewhat upgraded Meridian stereo, but it is not the full-blown surround/subwoofer deal.  It sounds fine and I've never wanted more than a standard decent car radio had to offer.  
Do you people have any enthusiasm for upgraded car audio as opposed to stock?  Then again, truth be told, I've never listened to the fancy car setups and I might be tempted if I thought it was that much more enjoyable.  Who knows. 
chayro
I went for the Burneiuster upgrade in my Porsche sports car....much prefer the sound of the engine turning at 6K
Good timing for this post.  The other afternoon driving through the canyon heading home & Stairway To Heaven came on.  2020 Ram with really good stock sound system.  I cranked the piss outa it.  I was  digging the drive, song & day.  Everything fell into place.  
Usually have the sound off.  But when your in the mood, it's awesome.

I was in high school during the pinnacle of aftermarket car audio and enjoyed it. Now auto manufactures have made that less accessible with the computer integration and their options are generally lackluster. I do not do aftermarket because I do not want to risk problems associated with panel removal with my car that I prize.
No really.

As J Gordon Holt once wrote in Stereophile, "Audio in a car is like Arpege in a glue factory."